North Christian School offers a Christ-centered, teacher-led, traditional, core-academic education that incorporates materials selected to help students reach goals and objectives based on national standards both academic and spiritual (as identified by the Association of Christian Schools International). In addition to typical subject areas of Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Health and Art, students receive specialized instruction in Bible, Technology, Physical Education and Music.
We are proud to offer curriculum from Christian publishers including A Beka, Bob Jones University Press, and Purposeful Design Publications. Technology curriculum is based on West Virginia standards. Additional educational support is provided through an interventionist teacher on staff. Gifted classes and speech services can be arranged for students who qualify for them. Our goal is to not only partner with Christian parents, but to help children succeed both academically and spiritually.
We are committed to Academic Excellence:
- Yearly achievement test scores rank NCS students well above the national averages;
- Smaller class sizes provide better student-to-teacher ratio and more individual attention;
- On-staff interventionist teacher to support teachers and students in providing differentiated instruction to meet student needs;
- Bible Study as a core subject and assessed on annual achievement test sponsored by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International);
- Christ-centered, non-denominational curriculum;
- Tutoring services available;
- Professionally certified teachers;
- Staff members are active Christian believers;
- Special instruction in Technology, Physical Education and Music;
- Interactive whiteboards and mobile computer lab available to all classrooms.
2014-15 Terra Nova 3 Test Report