Office Hours: 7:30am-3:30pm
Check back this summer for the new school year's Welcome Packet and forms!
Rules & Procedures at a glance
- School Hours: The school day will begin promptly at 8:00 A.M. and end at 3:00 P.M.
- In the event of an absence, parents are expected to call the office prior to 10:00 A.M. The returning pupil must bring a note, signed by parents, indicating the specific nature of the absence and the date(s) of absence. The teacher will assist the pupil in make-up of the work missed during an excused absence. If absent one day, the student will have one day to make up schoolwork, etc.
- Habitual absences disrupt the classroom and erodes student instructional time. If students are chronically absence, North Christian will address this situation.
- Tardiness is defined as “being late or delayed beyond the expected or proper time.” If a student arrives after 8:00 A.M., the student must report to the office upon arrival to sign in and get a tardy slip.
- “Half Day” absences: If a student misses two or more hours of instructional time during the morning or the afternoon, they will be considered to have been absent a “half day”. (examples: arrive after 10:15 am, leave before 1:00pm)
- Dismissal time is 3 P.M. Parents are discouraged from coming into the school to pick up their students prior to dismissal for convenience purposes, unless needed for doctor’s appointment, etc.
drop-off and pick-up procedures
- Drop-off: (7:45-8:00) Parents will approach the school on 32nd Street moving towards Emerson Avenue.
- Pick-up: (3:00-3:20) Students will be assembled in the gym at the end of the day. Each family will have an assigned “Pick-up Number” to be displayed in their vehicle windshield
Late Arrival & Early Departure
- All students arriving after classes begin must sign in at the office. All students leaving the school before 3:00 P.M. must be signed out by a parent/guardian
- Non-Prescription Medications will not be administered. NCS no longer purchases or gives stock medicines; neither will NCS administer over-the-counter medications. Students may not carry any medication on school property, including cough drops and vitamins. Hard candy for sore throats is allowed.
- Prescription Medication (filled by a Pharmacist): Medication must be brought to school in a properly labeled container from the pharmacy. The label must have the child’s name, drug directions and the date when the prescription was filled. (You may wish to ask the pharmacist to label two containers, one for school and one for home.)
- Parents must complete the school’s Medication Order form and personally deliver medication and completed form to the school office. Prescription medicines may not be transported by students.
- Parents are encouraged to visit and be involved in their child’s class, but are required to make prior arrangements with the classroom teacher. Parents/visitors must register in the office and receive a visitor’s badge.
- Parents should not meet with the teacher about matters of concern while school is in session, unless an appointment is made by the teacher. Interrupting a class during the school day is interrupting the learning in progress there.
- NCS does not require uniforms.
- The biblical principles upon which the code of dress is built are modesty (1Tim 2:9-10; 1 Pet 3:1-2; Gen 24:65), cleanliness (Gen 35:2; Lev 13:6; Ruth 3:3), and appropriateness (1 Cor. 10:23; Rom 14:19-20). The standards which follow are intended as an expression of those principles. Within the guidelines, there exists sufficient latitude for the right to both interpret and apply the following standards. If students are considered to be dressed improperly or inappropriately, the student will be counseled and the parents notified.
*Refer to the Parent/Student Handbook for a complete list of policies.