Mrs. Kathryn Pollock , Third Grade
LiveGrades allows instant access to grades, assignments, plus an interactive message center for parents, students and teachers.
Class Rules and procedures
"The 3 Bees"
- Be Ready! ...to listen and to learn.
- Be Respectful! ...Treat others the same way that you want to be treated.
- Be Responsible! ...Make good choices!
- Your child will have homework if they have unfinished class work, or if they have a test, quiz, or memory verse
to study for the week.
- Homework is due by the following morning in the “Turn In” tray.
- Your child will have weekly Spelling and Bible tests.
- Math, Science, Social Studies, and Reading tests will be given after each chapter/unit.
- Check your child’s planner for test dates.
Tardies & Absences
- School starts at 8:00 A.M.
- If your child is running late, please check in at the school office before coming to class.
- If your child is absent, I will send home a red “Ketchup” (catch up) folder with work that they will need to complete and
return in an allotted time. That time will depend on how many days have been missed.
Classroom Management: Traveling Behavior Yard Stick
This system will be on a yard stick so that it can travel from classroom to classroom since they are not in their homeroom the entire day. Each day the students will start the day on green. The students will have their clip moved down for incorrect behavior and moved up for exceptional behavior.
- Purple – Above & Beyond Expectations
- Blue – Above Expectations
- Green – Expected Behavior
- Yellow – Warning; “I need to change something.”
- Orange – 10 minutes off of recess – will walk or stand
- Red – 20 minutes off of recess – will walk or stand
- Silver – No recess and note will be sent home
- Pink – Reproof.
- Gym: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – Make sure your child has their gym shoes with them on these days.
- Technology: Tuesday
- Music: Thursday
- Chapel: Friday
- Choir: Wednesday – This is optional. There will be more information sent home to sign-up to be in Choir.