Specials exist to develop skills and talents that promote a
well-rounded educational experience.
21st Century skills and technology
We are committed to providing a quality Christian education that uses 21st Century skills and technology at all grade levels.
Students use/receive instruction in the following:
- Interactive Smart Boards
- Mimeo bar technology
- A new computer lab facility installed in 2016
- Surface Pro touch screen tablets
- Microsoft Office including a contract to include future versions as they are released
- Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware endpoint protection on each machine
Because helping students to think and speak critically and constructively from a Bible-based Christian worldview is a major endeavor, we have elected to participate in the ACSI Speech Competition for elementary students.
Speech Meet helps students:
- Understand the significance of speech as we relate with God and others
- The importance of testifying to the character and nature of God
- The content and manner of our speech matters
NCS provides opportunity for students to excel in academic areas through state and local competitions. Our students participate in these Wood County educational activities.
- Spelling Bee
- Science Fair
- Social Studies Fair
Spanish class is held on a weekly basis with each class from Preschool 3 through 5th grade. The younger children work on counting, colors, animals, people, action words and basic conversational skills. Second through 5th graders look at these things as well, but also learn verb meanings and conjugations.
Physical Education is a safe secure place where students can learn the fundamentals of exercise, sports, and healthy living.
- The correct way to play sports, from soccer to hockey
- Jump rope tricks
- Games that focus on team work, encouragement, and patience.
Our students meet on a weekly basis to learn various aspects of music, from note recognition, to tempo and rhythm. They are also introduced to singing and playing the recorder.
Choir is an elective course offered to third through fifth graders. The Choir performs at the Vision Dinner, the Christmas Show, the Talent Show and Celebration Night.